Record Group 14

14.1 History from 1847-1966

14.1.1 Hospital History Published

14.1.2 Rochester City Hospital 1847-1911

14.1.3 Rochester General Hospital- Westside Division 1911 - 1966

14.1.4 Rochester General Hospital- Northside Division 1947 - 1966

14.1.5 Centennial

14.1.6 Sesquicentennial

14.1.7 Baker-Collection

14.2 Hospital History since 1966

RG-14.1.1 Hospital History - published

.5 linear ft. (1 Box)

The collection is an extensive documentation of the development of Rochester General Hospital and medicine in Rochester, N.Y. The collection consists of written histories and chronologies.

Rochester General Hospital obtained its charter in 1847 as the Rochester City Hospital. The Hospital opened its doors in 1864 on West Main St. The name was changed to Rochester General in 1911. In the early 1960s, the departments moved to the Northside Division, the current campus of the Hospital. Rochester General has earned a reputation for pioneering medical advances in the fields of radiology, laser surgery, and ophthalmology. The Hospital opened one of the first eye banks in the U.S. The Hospital is also a leader in education, establishing the nation's first schools in medical records and medical photography, the 12th nursing school, and early programs in medical technology, radiation technology, and dietetics.

RG-14.1.2 Rochester City Hospital - 1847 - 1911

.5 linear ft. (1 Box, 19 Vols.)

The collection is an extensive documentation of the development of Rochester General Hospital and medicine in Rochester, N.Y., financial records (1863-1920s, including Civil War); Patient records 1864 - 1920.

Rochester General Hospital obtained its charter in 1847 as the Rochester City Hospital. The Hospital opened its doors in 1864 on West Main St. The name was changed to Rochester General in 1911. In the early 1960s, the departments moved to the Northside Division, the current campus of the Hospital. Rochester General has earned a reputation for pioneering medical advances in the fields of radiology, laser surgery, and ophthalmology. The Hospital opened one of the first eye banks in the U.S. The Hospital is also a leader in education, establishing the nation's first schools in medical records and medical photography, the 12th nursing school, and early programs in medical technology, radiation technology, and dietetics.

RG-14.1.3 Rochester General Hospital Including Westside Division 1911-1966

.5 linear ft. (1 Box)

The collection is an extensive documentation of the development of Rochester General Hospital and medicine in Rochester, N.Y.

Rochester General Hospital obtained its charter in 1847 as the Rochester City Hospital. The Hospital opened its doors in 1864 on West Main St. The name was changed to Rochester General in 1911. In the early 1960s, the departments moved to the Northside Division, the current campus of the Hospital. Rochester General has earned a reputation for pioneering medical advances in the fields of radiology, laser surgery, and ophthalmology. The Hospital opened one of the first eye banks in the U.S. The Hospital is also a leader in education, establishing the nation's first schools in medical records and medical photography, the 12th nursing school, and early programs in medical technology, radiation technology, and dietetics.