Joe Vasile, MD, MBA, President/CEO, Greater Rochester Independent Physician Association
Dr. Vasile takes a progressive approach to health care, having served on a number of committees dedicated to quality, education, and organizational planning. He has held several hospital and administrative appointments, including Chief of the Behavioral Health Network for the Rochester Regional Health.
Area of expertise
Dr. Vasile is active in several professional and scientific societies and has published articles in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry and Schizophrenia Research. He is a member of the American College of Physician Executives and a Distinguished Fellow, of the American Psychiatric Association.
His previous positions include Director of Psychiatry and Mental Health Services at the Rochester Rehabilitation Center, Chief Psychiatrist for Geriatric Psychiatry, Intermediate Care and Neuropsychiatry Units at Rochester Psychiatric Center and Director of Acute Psychiatric Services at Strong Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Vasile is also a Clinical Professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Recertified 2007)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology Subspecialty Certification in Geriatric Psychiatry
Education & training
- MBA, University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business 1993 – 1997
- Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins Hospital 1995 – 1996
- Residency in Psychiatry/ Internship in Medicine and Psychiatry, University Health Center of Pittsburgh, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic (WPIC) 1991 – 1995
- MD, SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine 1987 – 1991
- BA History of Science and Medicine, Yale University 1983 - 1987