Robert Mayo, MD, Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Mayo provides system-wide leadership across our full continuum of care. He is the liaison between on-staff physicians and hospital administration, ensuring high-quality, safe and efficient care delivery.
Area of expertise
Dr. Mayo previously served as the Chief Medical Officer for Rochester General Health System (RGHS); prior to that, he was Vice President and Physician Patient Safety Officer of the Institute for Patient Safety and Clinical Excellence at RGHS while maintaining an active practice in Nephrology.
He has also held Clinical Instructor and Assistant Professor faculty positions at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Internal Medicine
- National Board of Medicine
Education & training
- Nephrology Fellowship, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1993 – 95
- Internal Medicine Residency, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital (SJMH), Ann Arbor, Michigan 1991 – 93
- Internal Medicine Internship, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital (SJMH), Ann Arbor, Michigan 1990 – 91
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1986 – 90
- B.S., Zoology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 1983 – 86