A special class is held weekly for patients scheduled for joint surgery. You will receive an invitation to attend this class 2 weeks prior to your surgery. Your doctor strongly recommends you attend this class. Members of the joint replacement team will be there to answer your questions. Bring a family member or friend to act as your “coach," the coach's role will be explained in class. If it is not possible for you to attend your assigned class, please call (585) 368-4545 to reschedule. The outline of the class is as follows.
- Physical Therapy in the hospital
- The Role of your "Coach"/Caregiver
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Types of anesthesia
- Pain Management
- Learn your breathing exercises
- Learn About Assistive Devices and Joint Protection