Our program and faculty are committed to supporting resident research. While both the ACGME and the program require residents to complete one scholarly project during their residency, we encourage our residents to do as much research as they desire.
Conference time is given to residents who have research accepted to local, regional or national academic conferences; travel and lodging is paid for.
Below is sampling of research that our current and recently graduated residents have conducted. The vast majority of our resident have had their research accepted and presented at national meetings such as the Association of University Radiologists (AUR), Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR), American Society of Neuroradiology, among many other national, regional, and local associations.
- A Complex Endoleak Repair: SIR Interactive Case Series
- Pulmonary Artery Thrombolysis.
- CT Guided Percutaneous Cryoablation: A New Treatment Option for Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- Recurrent Hemorrhage from Stomal Varices Secondary to Portal Venous Hypertension Successfully Treated by TIPS procedures.
- Percutaneous Kyphoplasty: Indications, Selection Criteria, Technical Considerations and Outcomes.
- Peri-Procedural Imaging for Kyphoplasty: Imaging Characteristics From Selection Criteria to Post-Procedural Outcomes.
- Endovascular Repair of Vascular Complications Following Caesarian Repair.
- Chronic Arteritis.
- The Downward Spiral of Osteoporosis and How Kyphoplasty Can Help Reduce the Pain.
- Medical Staff Grand Rounds: Abdominal CT and CT Angiogram Findings.
- Rochester Community Internal Medicine Physicians Presentation: Kyphoplasty/Back Pain.
- Cryoblation: Five Year Followup Study
- Batavia Community Physicians Presentation: Kyphoplasty
- Uterine Artery Embolization in the Treatment of Postpartum Uterine Hemorrhage - Publication.
- The Interventional Radiologist and how he can help the ED Provider.
- Pseudoaneurysm Arising at the Left Internal Mammary Artery (LIMA) to Left Anterior Descending Artery (LAD) Anastomosis: Case Report.
- Look at me now! A cased based review of common emergent orbital pathologies.
- Do you see the lesion? A case based review of common orbital pathologies.
- MR Evaluation of the Temporomandibular Joint for Dummies.
- Imaging Spectrum of Corpus Callosum Lesions on CT and MRI.
- Intramedullary thoracic spinal cord epidermoid in a 20 year old male: Case report and review of the imaging features of the most common intramedullary tumors of the spinal cord in adults.
- Intramedullary Epidermoid Lesions: Case Report
- Imaging of Meningiomas: Typical Through Atypical Spectrum.
- Neuroimaging of the Phakomatoses.
- Sinonasal Diseases from Inflammatory to Neoplastic: What do our Otorhinolaryngology Colleagues Want to Know?
- Pachymeningeal and Leptomeningeal Enhancement: MR Characteristics and Differential Diagnosis Considerations.
- Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: Early Recognition and Imaging Characteristics.
Body Imaging and Ultrasound
- Internal Hernia: A Dangerous Complication of Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery.
- Body Imaging in Pregnancy - Emergent Findings.
- Recurrent Pyogenic Cholangitis.
- Imaging Findings of Ovarian Torsion.
- Benign Worrisome Causes of Pneumatosis and Intestinalis.
- Acute Mesenteric Ischemia: Presentation to RGH IM Residents and Hospitalists.
- Avoidable Errors in Dealing with Anaphylactoid Reactions to Iodinated Contrast Media.
- Duodenal Pseudotumor - Is Ultrasound a Reliable Way of Diagnosing Pediatric Intramural Duodenal Hematoma?
- Endometrial Thickness Comparison of Ultrasound Evaluation and Pathologic Specimens. Researched in conjunction with OB/GYN Department at RGH.
Thoracic and Women's Imaging
- Mammogram + Ultrasound of the Male Breasts: A case based review of Male Breast Pathology.
- Cystic Lung Disease.
- Overview of Cross-Sectional Imaging Findings in Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Involving the Breast.
- High or Low All These Patients Go (To GBEF).
- Denture Aspiration.
- PET FDG and Hiccups.
- Femoropopliteal Prosthetic Bypass Graft Infection Due to Mycobacterium Abscessus Localized by FDG-PET/CT Scan.
- Two Methods of SLN Injection and Time to Show and/or Accuracy.
- IV Contrast Extravasation.
- Digital Radiography Reject Analysis: Data Collection Methodology, Results and Recommendations from an in-depth Investigation at Two Hospitals.
- Radiologist Task Flows and Work Structures in Conjunction with Carestream Health, Inc.
- How Medial IT Implementation Increases Productivity at RGH's Radiology Department. Researched in conjunction with the University of Rochester's Simon Business School.
- Radiologic Evaluation of Knee Arthroplasty.
- Data Collection and Interpretation for Orthopedic MRI.
- Preoperative and Postoperative Radiographic Evaluation of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthoplasty (RTSA) from an Orthopedic Surgeon's Perspective: Changes in Prosthetic Design, Positioning, Imaging Appearance, Complication and Normal Post-Surgical Changes.
- Gallbladder Duplication with Ectopic Accessory Gallbladder in Retrocolic, Retroduodenal Location.
- Tibial Plateau Fractures: A Multimodality Review of Imaging Characteristics.