United Memorial welcomes medical students from AOA – accredited colleges of osteopathic medicine that have a current affiliation agreement with us. United Memorial is a partner with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM).
All medical rotations are scheduled through our Medical Education Office.
3rd Year Core Rotations
Students from LECOM may complete their entire 3rd year core rotations with us, these rotations include the following:
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OGBYN, Pediatrics, Surgery, Psychiatry
Third year students may also choose from a variety of elective rotations.
4th Year Elective Rotations
On-Site housing is free for our 4th year LECOM students, based on availability.
Available rotations for our 4th year students include, but are not limited to;
- Family Medicine Rural/Underserved, ER, Orthopedics, ENT, Podiatry, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine, Anesthesiology, Gastroenterology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Cardiology
United Memorial offers audition rotations in family medicine to students from colleges of osteopathic medicine. We require a current affiliation agreement.
Your experience as a medical student at United Memorial will include:
- Diverse medical training experience in a rural community setting
- Experiences in community-based practices and a thriving community hospital while having resources found in tertiary care settings
- Didactic experience including lectures, workshops, Simulation and skills stations
- Hands on exposure to patient care as appropriate to your specific rotation and level of training
- As an unopposed program the majority of your rotations will provide you with one on one time with your attending
- Positive and energetic work environment committed to the success of the student