United Memorial's Family Medicine Residency Program offers a diverse experience in primary care medicine in a rural community setting. Residents are afforded experiences in community based practices, and a thriving community hospital while still having resources found in tertiary healthcare settings in Buffalo and Rochester. This approach will produce highly qualified clinicians who will be capable of working in a variety of primary care clinical settings.
- Unopposed Family Medicine Residency. Family Medicine Residents are the residents at United Memorial Medical Center.
- 1:1 Facility-to-resident ratio on majority of rotations - Allows for a personalized approach to your experience.
- Excellent collaboration with clinical experts in a variety of specialties.
- Positive and energetic work environment committed to the success of the residents while maintaining compliance with New York State 405 code regulations regarding resident work hours.
- A comprehensive community based program at United Memorial's 131 bed hospital facility, serving patients in the Genesee Community
- Flexibility of a diverse program
- Resident involvement in program quality and development
- A variety of electives to facilitate special interest areas
- A patient centered focused, educational program
- Four weeks' vacation annually
- Extensive procedure training opportunities
- Skin biopsies and procedures
- Laceration Repairs
- Trigger Point Injections
- Elective availability
- A wide variety of electives serving many resident-specific interests
- Community involvement
- Participation in community health events, and preventative medicine programs