Financial Aid Application - August
Financial aid application procedure 2017 - 2018
- IGHSPN students are eligible to apply for Federal Pell Grants, Federal Direct student and parent loans, New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Grants, and RGHA Grants. The IGHSPN Financial Aid Guide will give you detailed information on each program.
- Begin the financial aid application process any time after 10/1/16 by completing the 2017-2018 FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is your application for ALL of the financial aid programs listed above. Note that the FAFSA asks for 2015 tax information, not 2016. Our federal school code is 015201, listed as "Rochester General-IGHSPN."
- IMMEDIATELY after completing the FAFSA, use the link on the confirmation page to go to the NYS HESC website to complete your TAP application. It, too will ask for 2015 tax information.
- If you live or work in Monroe County, you may be eligible for additional grant funding through the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA), administered by an agency called Rochester Works. Call them NOW at 585-258-3500 to ask how to qualify. The maximum grant is $5000.00. Apply early because funds are limited. If you do not live or work in Monroe County, call or email Toni Greenlee (see below) for contact information for your county.
- The Rural Area Health Education Center (R-AHEC) also offers grants to PN students. You must be currently working in healthcare to apply. For more information, call 585-786-6275 NOW because funds are limited.
- If you are considering borrowing a Federal Direct student or parent loan, you will need to complete (1) a Master Promissory Note, and (2) Entrance Counseling if you have not already completed them both to borrow here or at any other school at www.studentloans.gov (use the Undergraduate tab on the far left. Neither commits you to borrowing; the final part of the borrowing process is done through the IGHSPN Financial Aid Office.
- If you currently have any Federal Stafford Student Loans in default (don't confuse with deferment!) you are not eligible for ANY federal or NYS financial aid. However, you will likely be able to originate a Federal Consolidation Loan at www.studentloans.gov (use Repayment and Consolidation tab on the far right) to pay off all of your Stafford loans, including any in default, and become eligible again for financial aid. Start this NOW because it takes 30-90 days to complete the process. You will find detailed information on the studentloans.gov website.
- All accepted students will be required to meet individually with Mrs. Toni Greenlee, the IGHSPN Financial Advisor, at least one month before the first day of class to finalize financial aid applications and/or payment arrangements. You will leave the meeting with a copy of your Student Account Record detailing the institutional costs of the program; the actual, if available, or estimated financial aid you are eligible for; anything you still need to do to complete your aid application; and the amount and due date of any payment(s) you may owe to the school. A variety of appointment dates and times are available to allow you can have your appointment and thus this information before your acceptance deposit is due.
- The four-page IGHSPN Financial Aid Guide contains detailed information about the financial aid programs noted above, as well as federal, NYS, and IGHSPN financial aid policies and procedures. Also review our Aid at a Glance, which gives a quick overview of the aid programs.
Contact the IGHSPN Financial Aid Advisor, Toni Greenlee, by email or phone at 585.922.1431.
Additional financial aid links