Criteria and Requirements
All applicants should be in good standing and in the process of completing their medical education. All applicants are expected to have passed the Step 1 exam. Step 2 CK score is required before an application is considered for an invitation to interview.
We have established the following criteria for interviewing graduates of non-LCME approved medical schools. These criteria have been updated for the 2016 interview season:
- USA experience is not a requirement to apply
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have been clinically active since medical school graduation
- We sponsor both J1 and H1 visas
Please Note: New York State Department of Health regulations limit non-LCME accredited international medical school graduates from participating in New York State residency programs if their training has included more than 12 weeks of clinical clerkships outside of the country in which the medical school is located unless the NYS Education Department has approved the school.
A current list of the approved medical schools can be found at the NYSED website: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/med/medlic.htm
- Completed Application Form (CAF) (also printable in CV Format)
- Personal statement
- Transcript(s) from your Medical School(s)
- Dean's Letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Successful completion of Step I ( minimum score 215), and Step II (minimum score 220)& Step II CS-USMLE or COMLEX
- ECFMG number (if applicable)
The program deviates from these criteria only for applicants referred by faculty or house staff based on personal knowledge of the applicant's clinical skills and judgment.