How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Rochester Regional Health/Unity Hospital (Rochester)’s Internal Medicine Residency Program (formerly known as Unity Health System Program). We participate in the Main Residency Match through NRMP.
Categorical applicants: Our NRMP Code is 1510140C0
Preliminary applicants: Our NRMP Code is 1510140P0
Our ACGME Program ID is 1403531527
We have 15 PGY 1 positions
- 13 categorical positions
- 2 preliminary positions
We accept applications only through ERAS. Complete applications must include the following:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including one from your Chairperson in Medicine. If he/she is not available, you may use an alternate
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
*PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
In reviewing applications, we consider medical school transcripts, Dean’s Letter/MSPE, letters of recommendation, USMLE test scores (and number of attempts), and clinical experience.
- We accept International Medical Graduates, and we sponsor J1 and H1-B visas
- To be considered for H1 visa sponsorship, you must have a passing USMLE Step 3 result by “Match Day”
- We do not post cut-off scores; rather, we consider each person’s entire application
- Graduation within the last five years is preferred
- U.S. clinical experience is preferred
- We do not require ECFMG certification at the time of interview, but certification must be obtained before starting Residency
- Application deadline is December 31, 2016
- Interviews are held from October through January
Contract includes the 3-year categorical Internal Medicine Residency Program. Residents receive an initial contract for one year and will receive a new contract for each subsequent year, provided that all performance expectations are met.
Click here for sample contract. This is a sample contract for our categorical residents; our preliminary residents receive a single year contract.