Medical Education Office
All residency programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Rochester General Hospital sponsors residency programs in Internal Medicine (57 residents), OB/GYN (16), Radiology (16) and General Practice Dentistry (5). In addition, residents and fellows from Strong Memorial Hospital rotate at RGH in departments that include pediatrics, plastic surgery, surgery, pathology, neurosurgery, Infectious Disease, OMFS and Ophthalmology.
Additional information about our programs can be found by clicking here.
Medical student rotations
Rochester General Hospital is a teaching affiliate of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Ross University School of Medicine, Saba University School of Medicine and the American University of the Caribbean.
We provide core and elective rotations to students from these institutions. If you are a Saba, Ross or AUC Student interested in scheduling a rotation, please review the following information:
- We no longer offer the surgery core rotation for Ross students
- All Saba core rotations are scheduled through the Saba office
- The electives that we offer for Saba, Ross and AUC students are plastic surgery and Internal Medicine Sub-I
- Saba students who have completed their core rotations at RGH are eligible for additional rotations, which can be scheduled through the Medical Education office
- To be considered for an elective rotation, students must have completed their core rotations prior to the start of the elective
- All electives are 4 weeks in length and are scheduled by block
If you are interested in scheduling an elective, contact:
Office of Medical Education
1425 Portland Avenue, Box 361
Rochester, NY 14621