Apply for Admissions
Interested in the Youth Apprenticeship Program?
The application and recruitment process for Fall 2016 Academic Year is closed.
The recruitment period for the Youth Apprenticeship Program will begin January 2017. For questions or to request more information about the Youth Apprenticeship Program, please contact:
Program Director, Youth Apprentice Program
People Resources Department
Applying for admissions
- Applications are accepted for the following academic year starting in January
- Admissions will open in January 2017
- Students must have a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (preferably a 3.0)
- Students must have 94% attendance with no suspensions
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- Complete the YAP Portfolio Guideline Packet, which must include the following:
- A typed career interest statement expressing your interest in the medical field
- A resume
- Three (3) references
- Copy of work permit
- Current report card
- Copy of transcript
- Attendance record
- Copies of any awards, honors, community service, etc.
Note: Request that your high school counselor give an official copy of your transcript record for your portfolio
There are three (3) forms and envelopes included with the application form. Give these to individuals such as employers, clergy, professional acquaintances, work associates, health care workers, committee members, teachers and counselors. Completed forms are to be included in your portfolio. Do not give reference forms to close friends or relatives.
After the Program Manager reviews all components of your application and portfolio, you will be notified in writing of either: a decision to interview or a decision to decline admission. Admission decisions are made by the Program Manager on a rolling basis by June 1st. (date is subject to change).
If you're accepted into the Youth Apprenticeship Program, you will be expected to reply with your acceptance of the position in the program within one week via email or phone.