About the Emergency Center at Unity Hospital
Unity Hospital's Emergency Center features 30 private treatment rooms, and 28 Special Care Unit treatment spaces. The full-service Emergency Center delivers faster, more advanced care using the most sophisticated technology available. We provide the highest quality care for adults and children anytime – day or night.
In addition to the 30 private, acute care treatment rooms and 28 special care treatment spaces, the Emergency Center features a dedicated radiology room with advanced diagnostic equipment, including a CT scanner, for shorter wait times and quicker diagnoses; decontamination facilities and isolation suites; and child-friendly treatment rooms and waiting area.
To provide you with the best care possible, we offer:
- 24-hour laboratory and diagnostic imaging services
- A Medical Observation Unit for patients who need medical supervision before returning home
- Emergency psychiatric treatment in collaboration with our Inpatient Psychiatric Unit located on the Unity St. Mary's Campus
- A social work department to help you connect with the services you need once you return home
- Isolation suites
- Decontamination facilities
- Multi-faith pastoral services - just ask and we'll put you in contact with our spiritual care office
- Services for the deaf, hard of hearing, as well as translation services for non-English speaking patients
- An on-site pharmacy to fill your prescriptions upon discharge from the E.C. - The Park Ridge Apothecary is open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday
Getting to the Emergency Center
- By ambulance - all ambulances and EMS responders transport to Unity Hospital. You can always request the ambulance bring you to Unity Hospital for treatment.
- By bus - Unity Hospital is conveniently located on the RGRTA bus route.
- By car - As always, free parking is available for all patients and visitors. Use Parking Lot E for quickest access to the Emergency Center.
Information for family and visitors
Patients who are experiencing a medical emergency are often anxious or upset. Having loved ones nearby for support may help them to feel more at ease. Visitors are always welcome at the Emergency Center at Unity Hospital. For patient privacy and safety, we may ask family and friends to wait in our spacious new waiting room during busy times. There is also a quiet family consultation room available 24-hours a day.