All Rochester Regional Health facilities have implemented enhanced visitor restrictions and screenings.
Newark-Wayne Community Hospital embraces the concept of family-centered care by encouraging family support and visitation in an environment which promotes patient comfort, rest and safety. We recognize that family and friends are part of the health care team and their support is vital to our patients’ recovery.
With that in mind, we have an established open visitation policy, consistent with Patients’ Visitation Rights, enabling patients to choose who is welcome to visit them while at Newark-Wayne Community Hospital. We have established an open visitation policy providing patients with an atmosphere that is supportive of their needs.
General medical, surgical, gynecologic, stroke, critical care and post partum units
- Emergency Department encourages the patient to have only two visitors
- Spouse/significant other: no limitations
- Other family members, friends, siblings (with adult supervision): 11:30 am - 8:30 pm
- Children under 15 limited to siblings when the baby is in the room
- Monday - Friday: 3:30 pm - 5 pm & 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Weekends: 2 pm - 5 pm & 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- The number of visitors is dependent on the needs and comfort of the patient as well as the needs and comfort of the second patient in a semi-private room. The impact of patient's visitors on the overall environment of care will be considered. Please respect the request of unit nursing staff if they should occasionally have to ask you to limit numbers of visitors or times of visitation.
- Children under the age of 14 (in all other units) must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Visitors with cold symptoms or gastrointestinal flu symptoms are strongly discouraged from visiting. If visiting is deemed absolutely necessary, visitors must strictly adhere to proper hand washing and wear hospital-issued mask and gloves. Unit nursing staff will provide these materials when requested. Visits should be kept short.
- Visitation conflicts or deviation from policy adherence will be referred to the Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Director or Off-Shift Director. Safety and Security Department officers will be contacted as necessary.
- Overnight visitation may occur in a private room setting. In circumstances of request for overnight visitation in a semi-private room, honoring the privacy of the second patient is very important. Therefore, the charge nurse may approve the request based on the patient situation and only if the second patient or other responsible person agrees.
- Because your diet is often considered part of your treatment plan, visitors may not bring food to you unless they’ve cleared it with your physician or nurse.