Rochester Community Breast Cancer Services
American Cancer Society
1120 Goodman Street South
Rochester, NY 14620
The American Cancer Society offers several programs for women who are dealing with breast cancer, including:
- Reach to Recovery - If you have breast cancer, you may want to talk to someone who knows what you’re feeling – someone who has “been there.” One-to-one support for women who have had breast cancer surgery, provides information on prostheses.
- Road to Recovery – The American Cancer Society Road to Recovery program provides transportation to and from treatment for people who have cancer who do not have a ride or are unable to drive themselves. Volunteer drivers donate their time and the use of their cars so that patients can receive the life-saving treatments they need.
- TLC (Hair Loss and Mastectomy Products) – The “tlc”magalog is the American Cancer Society’s catalog and magazine for women. It offers helpful articles and a line of products made for women with cancer. Products include wigs, hairpieces, breast forms, bras, hats, turbans, swimwear, and accessories.
- Look Good...Feel Better - Trained volunteer cosmetologists teach women how to cope with skin changes and hair loss using cosmetics and skin care products donated by the cosmetic industry.
- I Can Cope (Cancer Education Classes and Online Support) - I Can Cope classes can help you and your loved ones learn about cancer and how to take care of yourselves. For a quick, easy way to learn important facts and practical tips about cancer and related issues, participate in our interactive online program, I Can Cope—Online.
- Financial Assistance - Some funds available to reimburse patients for transportation and pain medication
Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester
1048 University Ave.
Rochester, NY 14607
The Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester provides support to those touched by a diagnosis of breast cancer, to make access to information and care a priority through education and advocacy, and to empower women and men to participate fully in decisions relating to breast cancer.
Camp Good Days and Special Times
1332 Pittsford-Mendon Rd
Mendon, NY 14506
Camp Good Days offers a Women's Oncology Program and Kids Adjusting Through Support (KATS) group
Corporate Angel Network
Westchester County Airport, Building 1
White Plains, NY 10604
The Corporate Angel Network offers free transportation for cancer patients going to or from recognized treatment facilities.
255 Alexander Street
Rochester, NY 14607
Phone: 585.423.4147 (Monroe County) or (313) 331-4147 (Wayne County)
A free cancer support community that offers:
- Weekly - wellness and family groups
- Monthly – networking groups for specific cancer types.
- Workshops – such as journaling, yoga, stress management.
- Lectures by specialists
- Social events
Call or visit the Gilda's Club site for more information about weekly new member meetings.
Health Partnership of Monroe County
46 Prince Street
Rochester, NY 14607
The Health Partnership of Monroe County provides access to comprehensive educational, clinical and support services especially mammograms to those individuals over 40 years old. It also engages in research, advocacy and policy development.
Health Partnership of Wayne County
Newark-Wayne Community Hospital
PO Box 111
Driving Park Avenue
Newark, NY 14513
Phone: 315.332.2255 or 800.854.8439
Offering free cancer screenings for uninsured and underinsured women. All services are provided by local doctors and health providers.
B. Thomas Golisano Hope Lodge and Hospitality House
Hope Lodge and Hospitality House provides free lodging to cancer patients and caregivers and low-cost lodging to transplant patients and their families receiving lifesaving treatment at hospitals in the Rochester area.
SIS (Sustain ~ Inspire ~ Survive™)
63 Empire Blvd
Rochester, NY 14609
SIS provides financial assistance, essential services and quality of life enhancements during treatment for those battling breast cancer.
National Breast Cancer Organizations
National Cancer Institute
Your source for information about cancer diagnosis
Susan Komen Foundation
Phone: 800.IM.AWARE (800.462.9273)
National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
1010 Wayne Avenue 5th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization
Phone: 800.221.2141 (English) or 800.986.9595 (Spanish)
Young Survival Coalition
Box 528, 52A Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014
Paula Young Natural Beautiful Hair
Cancer Hope Network
FertileHOPE (fertility resources for cancer patients)
Disclaimer: The services and programs listed above are offered by the Rochester General Breast Center as a resource for patients and their families. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive, does not constitute a recommendation by the Rochester General Breast Center nor an assurance of the quality of services provided.