Heart Failure & Mechanical Circulatory Support
At Rochester Regional Health’s Center for Advanced Heart Failure & Mechanical Circulatory Support, our experts are specially trained to evaluate, treat and provide long-term care for people with any stage of heart failure. Through our highly trained heart failure team and comprehensive approach, we strive to provide expert care that results in improved outcomes, no matter how complex the case.
At Rochester Regional, our specialists provide state-of-the-art heart treatments, tailored to each patient's needs. Heart failure treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes and medical management
- Diagnostic and monitoring technologies:
- SensiVest®: A high-tech vest which measures fluid inside the lungs from outside a person's clothing.
- CardioMEMs®: A sensor monitors the pressure in your pulmonary artery. You take a reading daily from home using the Patient Electronics System, which sends the information to your doctor. After analyzing the information, your doctor may make medication changes to help treat your heart failure.
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs): A VAD is a mechanical device that helps treat advanced heart failure, a condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to meet your body’s needs.
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO): Used in emergencies, ECMO is an in-hospital mode of life support for patients with acute respiratory or cardiac failure. It replaces the actions of either the lungs or both the heart and the lungs, supplying oxygenated blood to the body.
Other services offered:
- Patient education programs
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: We provide you with a personalized program developed by clinical staff, and based on your individual health condition(s) and needs. We offer a state of the art facility and qualified health professionals, including registered nurses and exercise physiologists who provide on-the-spot guidance.
Our Expert Team
Led by nationally recognized mechanical circulatory support expert, Soon J. Park, MD and heart failure expert Scott Feitell, DO, FAAC, our multi-disciplinary program is made up of advanced practice providers, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, palliative care specialists and social work providers.
Meet Dr. Scott Feitell
Why Choose the Sands-Constellation Heart Institute?
Rochester Regional Health is home to one of New York’s leading and largest cardiology programs. As a leader in cardiac care in Western and Central New York, The Sands-Constellation Heart Institute continues to provide the latest, state-of-the-art treatments to our patients. From early stage care to advanced surgeries and device therapies—we provide comprehensive expertise at every level of care.
To make an appointment, get a second opinion or refer a patient to our Advanced Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support Program, call 585.442.5320 or email us at HFMCS@RochesterRegional.org.