Laboratory & Pathology
The medical laboratories at Rochester Regional Health are a key piece of your care plan, providing important medical information vital to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. The labs at Rochester Regional Health are nationally and regionally recognized and accredited for a superior record for quality, customer service and rapid turnaround of diagnostic results by the:
- College of American Pathologists
- New York State Department of Health
- Joint Commission on Accreditation on Healthcare Organizations
- American Association of Blood Banks
Our hospital-based services include laboratories at Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, United Memorial Medical Center and Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic.
Pathologists, physician assistants, technologists, technicians, phlebotomists and other support staff partner with your physicians to provide information to keep you healthy. Each day, our technologists use modern biomedical equipment to measure, analyze and monitor samples needed to determine your care.
Patient service centers
When you need to have a lab test, you don't need to look very far. The Laboratory Service Centers at Rochester Regional Health offer convenient locations, hours and a child-friendly approach.
Many of our centers open at 6 am. Use the contact information below for up-to-date information:
ACM Medical Laboratory/ Unity Hospitals locations: Click to view locations
Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic locations:
- Clifton Springs Hospital - 315.462.1600
- Pal-Mac Medical Center - 315.538.8177
- Seneca Falls - 315.568.2943
Newark Wayne Community Hospital location - 315.332.2211
Rochester General Hospital location - 585.922.LABS (5227)
United Memorial Medical Center Locations:
- Jerome Diagnostics - 585.344.4800
- LeRoy Diagnostics - 585.768.4220
- Pembrok Diagnostics - 585.599.3050
We recommend you call ahead to schedule an appointment. We also offer walk-in service.
Learn more about our patient service centers throughout the area +
The laboratory medicine division uses the most advanced analytical and testing equipment, including robotics. Testing is performed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Laboratory medicine includes testing in these areas:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology (blood system)
- Advanced coagulation (blood clotting)
- Flow cytometry (measuring cell functions)
- Microbiology (study of bacteria and viruses)
- Molecular diagnostics (testing parts of a person’s genetic code for connections to specific diseases)
- Transfusion medicine (transfer of donated blood and blood components)
Our pathology division examines tissues, cells, bodily fluids and organs to determine the cause of your condition or group of symptoms. Our team of board-certified pathologists specializes in:
- Blood Banking (preservation of donated blood)
- Cytopathology (study of cells to diagnose disease)
- Dermatopathology (study of skin cells to diagnose conditions)
- Hematology (study of blood and blood conditions)
- Molecular Genetic Pathology (study of molecules within tissues and organs to make a diagnosis)
- Pediatric Pathology (study and diagnosis of disease from embryo to adolescence)
The Cytopathology Laboratory studies cells from the body under a microscope to spot signs of disease. The cytopathology lab is one of the largest in upstate New York, with board-certified cytopathologists on staff to provide patients answers about their conditions.
The lab performs more than 100,000 cell-based evaluations a year in these areas of speciality:
- Gynecologic (Pap tests for cervical cancer)
- Oral & Dermatopathology
- Head, neck & pulmonary
- Gastrointestinal & genitourinary
- Neonatal and pediatric