Home Blood Draw
If you or a family member is homebound, the Rochester Regional Health Home Draw team will come to your residence to provide blood collection services.
Home blood draw procedures are available to:
- Patients recovering at home from surgery or a short term injury
- Patients with long-term laboratory needs from chronic or long-term illness
Our highly trained phlebotomists partner with your physician or home health agency to provide exceptional, comfortable service. Our home blood draw team is equipped to collect specimens from patients of all ages so that necessary lab work can be performed to:
- Monitor your condition
- Promote your recovery
- Maintain your health
You qualify as homebound if you are unable to leave your home with ease. This does not include the inability to drive or lack of transportation. When you are no longer homebound, we will transfer your blood draw order to one of our Laboratory Service Centers
What to expect
You can expect a Rochester Regional Health phlebotomist to arrive at your home between 7 am and 3:30 pm on the day of your appointment. We will call you to let you know when we are on our way. To prepare for our arrival, please do the following:
- Let us know about any special instructions for gaining access to your home or building.
- Secure all pets prior to our arrival so your phlebotomist can safely enter your home and perform your blood draw without interference.
- Please call us 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you are not at home at the time of your appointment, our phlebotomist will return on your next scheduled day or as recommended by your physician.
- Note that service will be discontinued if you have chronic, frequent absences.
The home blood draw team serves patients in Rochester and Monroe counties, with limited collection areas in Wayne and Ontario counties. Each year our team:
- Manages 30,000 home visits
- Drives approximately 140,000 miles
Rochester Regional Health Home Draw Department
100 Kings Highway
Rochester, NY 14621