Rochester Regional Health Concussion Program
Our Unique Approach
Concussions can happen to anyone, anywhere — on the road, on the job, at home or on the athletic field.
A concussion, no matter where it happens or who you are, is still a concussion. When you think you have a concussion, we can help.
As part of Rochester Regional Health’s Neuroscience Institute, the Concussion Program includes experts in neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychology, orthopaedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, vestibular (balance) therapy and imaging.
Our experts customize a care plan to your needs so you can recover as completely, quickly and safely as possible.
The fellowship-trained specialists of Rochester Regional Health Sports Medicine are on the field at many of the region’s high school, collegiate and professional sporting events, ready to assist at a moment’s notice. Working with the orthopaedic and neurologic teams of Rochester Regional Health, they provide a full continuum of services including:
- Follow-up evaluations at a state-of-the-art facility
- A complete array of diagnostic imaging scans and assessments
- Full collaboration with our complete regional care network, as needed
To learn more about our providers, click here.
What we do
Depending on your symptoms, your first visit may include:
- Physical exam
- Balance assessment
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation
Our physicians will then develop and manage a care plan customized to you, often including:
- A return-to-work, return-to-play or return-to-learn protocol
- Referral to other Rochester Regional Health specialists
- Physical, vestibular (balance), occupational and speech therapy
- Pharmacological treatment
- Multiple concussion management
- Prevention education
Our team will schedule follow up appointments based on your physician-guided plan.
Contact us by calling (585) 922-1212 to make an appointment today.