Hand therapy promotes healing and helps restore your functioning, whether it’s for home, work or sports. Our hand therapy programs are staffed by occupational and physical therapists who specialize in upper limb rehabilitation (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand).
Their advanced training, continuing education and independent study ensure that our therapists are highly skilled in non-operative and post-operative treatments. Many have obtained or are working toward certification by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
You may see our hand therapy specialists to help treat:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Post-surgical diagnosis of elbow, wrist, thumb or fingers
- Tendon/nerve repairs
- Trigger finger/thumb
Your individualized treatment plan may include:
- Custom splinting
- Education on how to protect your joints to improve their function
- Individualized instruction on exercises
- Edema and scar management
- Strategies for pain control