Rochester Regional Health’s Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation is part of a nationally recognized brain injury and stroke rehabilitation program. Our exceptional, compassionate team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists will help you restore your independence and rebuild your lives.
If you’ve suffered any type of neurological dysfunction, you may experience difficulty with language, thinking skills, swallowing, movement, balance, getting in and out of bed, walking, dressing, bathing and other daily living skills. These difficulties are directly related to the size and location of the injury. Some of the most common conditions we treat are:
- Brain injury due to trauma, cerebral hemorrhage, infection, a tumor or oxygen deprivation (anoxia or hypoxia)
- Comprehensive medical rehabilitation for serious conditions that cause your body to lose its strength and stamina, such as: Multiple Sclerosis. Parkinson’s disease or Guillain Barré.
- Limb loss, where therapy can help you regain the ability to walk, move and manage other daily activities. We also provide emotional support, show you how to care for your residual limb, and consult with prosthetists on managing or modifying your prosthesis/artificial limb.
- Pediatric issues — we offer the only pediatric rehabilitation of its kind in Western New York, designed for a wide range of pediatric neurological conditions (including stroke and brain injuries) in a special kid-friendly environment.
- Pre-driving screening tests— if you experience a stroke or another type of brain injury or degenerative neurological disease, your doctor may order a pre-driving screening test to make sure it is safe for you to drive.
- Spinal cord injury that causes partial or complete loss of feeling and movement, depending on the extent and location of the injury. We’ll work with you to increase your strength and function and show you how to compensate or move in new ways when necessary.
- Stroke, which can be a life-changing event, causing physical, verbal and mental side effects. Our individualized stroke rehabilitation program combines state-of-the-art therapies with compassionate care to help you regain your quality of life, including addressing issues such as address issues with one-sided weakness or inattention.