Rochester General Occupational Medicine
Wilson Medical Building – Rochester General Hospital Campus
800 Carter Street
Rochester, NY 14621
For Improved Workplace Health, Safety & Productivity
With a highly experienced team of board-certified physicians, mid-level providers and medical support staff, Rochester General Occupational Medicine works in an interdisciplinary fashion with healthcare providers across our system to help employees stay at work or return to work quickly, safely, and functioning at their highest levels.
- Workers’ Compensation injury evaluation and management
- Regulatory compliance exams, including but not limited to: DOT, 19-A, FAA pilot exams, Respirator clearances, and Hearing Conservation Program exams
- Public Safety Medical exams, such as law enforcement officers, firefighters and energy industry employee examinations
- Employer-required exams such as new-hire exams and return-to-work examinations
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Drug-free Workplace drug and alcohol testing and MRO services
- Workplace wellness and executive wellness programs, cancer screenings and workplace ergonomics assessments and programs
- Flu shot clinics and travel medicine consultations
Benefits to Employers
- Comply with complex workplace regulations
- Optimize Workers’ Compensation experience
- Better control personnel medical expenses
- Increase productivity with a healthier workforce
Stephen Mawn, M.D., J.D., M.P.H.
Medical Director, Department of Occupational Medicine
Dr. Stephen Mawn received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He earned his Master of Public Health degree from Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences while completing his residency in Occupational and Environmental Medicine. He completed his law degree from Loyola University School of Law. Dr. Mawn is board certified in Occupational Medicine as well as General Preventive Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Mawn currently serves as the Medical Director at the Corporate Health Center at United Medical Memorial Center. He currently also serves as the FAA Senior Aviation Medical Examiner, Medical review officer for United Memorial Medical Center and is a DOT Certified Medical Examiner.
Boris M. Shmigel, MD
Dr. Boris Shmigel earned his medical degree at Universitaet Heidelberg. He completed his surgical residency at Strong Memorial Hospital, and a subsequent surgical research fellowship at The Genesee Hospital. Dr. Shmigel has practiced Occupational Medicine at Rochester General for many years, focusing on the prevention and management of injuries and illness in the workplace. He is board certified in general surgery.