Patient safety is always a priority at Rochester Regional Health
To protect the health of our patients, employees and visitors consider the following suggestions:
- All visitors should wash their hands with soap and water before and after visiting patients
- If you do not feel well and have symptoms of stomach upset or respiratory illness, please do not visit at this time
- You may be asked to wear a mask, gloves and gown when visiting your loved one. This will protect you from germs that may be present in the patient room and protect the patient from germs you may be infected with or carried in on your clothing. Our staff is happy to assist you with the proper way to put the mask, glove and gown on and the proper way to remove them following your visit
- Do not place your personal belongings, such as a purse or jacket, on the patient bed or tray table - germs can be carried out of the room on them
- Please understand that the use of contact precautions for many patients is prophylactic to guard against the possibility of infection
We appreciate your patience and cooperation in assisting us with these measures. If you have any questions or concerns, please share them with any member of our staff.