Rochester Regional Health and Clifton Springs Nursing Home is committed to providing our residents, their families, and our community with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 in our facility.
In the interest of transparency, we are continuing to share our facility’s total number of new and cumulative cases in our residents and staff. These numbers are updated daily.
Ongoing Safety Protocols
To keep your loved ones safe, our highly trained staff follows all New York State mandates, as well as safety protocols and procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- We continue to screen all employees prior to the start of their shifts for fever, cough, shortness of breath, and other symptoms. If they have any of these symptoms or if they test positive for COVID-19 we do not allow them to enter the facility. Instead, they are instructed to quarantine at home, and do not return until they have tested negative.
- All employees wear personal protective equipment while on site, to reduce the risk of potential exposure to residents and staff.
- We test all onsite staff weekly, as directed by the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH).
- We screen all residents every shift for fever and/or respiratory issues, and notify our medical team of any changes.
- According to an order from the NYS DOH, we will not accept any new patients from the hospital who are positive for COVID-19.
At Clifton Springs Nursing Home, we stand ready to handle the unexpected. For more information on our COVID-19 emergency response, please refer to our Pandemic Emergency Plan.
If you have questions or concerns about your loved one’s care, please call us directly at (315) 462-0557. We are here for you.
At this time, in-person visitation is currently SUSPENDED.
For additional information on an estimated reopening date, please refer to the "Visitation Updates" section at the top of this page, or contact us directly at (315) 462-0557.
We appreciate your patience, support, and understanding as we continue to take all safety measures to keep your loved one safe.
Clifton Springs Nursing Home Visitation Policy
Effective: September 21, 2020
Per New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) guidelines for nursing home and skilled nursing facilities, Clifton Springs Nursing Home will allow visitors in a limited capacity based on the following policy. Anyone who does not follow the policy will not be permitted to visit.
In the event of a new staff or resident COVID-19 positive case, visitation will be suspended immediately. Visitation will not be allowed again until the facility does not have any COVID-19 positive cases for 14 consecutive days.
GENERAL VISITATION POLICY
Clifton Springs Nursing Home
Scheduling A Visit
- In-person visitation will be available by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, visitors must call Martha Porschet, Manager of LTC Therapies, or designee at 315-462-0590.
- Please call between the hours of 9 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment.
- Any visitor who comes to the facility without a confirmed visitation appointment will be asked to leave and return once they have a confirmed appointment.
- In order to allow all residents the opportunity to visit with their loved ones, the following restrictions are currently in place:
- Visitation sessions will be limited to a maximum of 45 minutes.
- Visitation sessions will start and end at their scheduled time and will not be extended. In order to ensure the full amount of visitation time, all visitors must arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete screening prior to their scheduled visit.
- The frequency of visitation will be based on the number of people signing up for visits.
- In order to ensure all residents have visitation with their loved ones, we may need to limit the number of visits per resident, per week.
- In order to comply with NYS DOH and social distancing guidelines, the total number of visitors will be limited during each visitation session:
- Only two visitors are permitted per resident, per appointment.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Effective September 25, visitors are required to present a verified negative test result from within the last seven days. Anyone who fails to present a negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions will not be permitted to visit.
- Permitted visitors include but are not limited to: family members, loved ones, representatives from the long-term care ombudsman program (LTCOP), and resident advocacy organizations.
- No visitation is allowed in resident rooms.
- Visitors will not have access to restrooms.
- All visitors must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth for the entirety of their visit at the facility. A mask will be provided for those who do not have their own.
- No eating or drinking will be allowed during visits.
- In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, no visitors will be permitted for:
- Current COVID-19 positive residents
- Residents with COVID-19 symptoms
- Residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period
- All visitors must comply with social distancing requirements.
- All visitors must remain six feet from the residents (except when assisting with wheelchair mobility), and cannot have physical contact with the residents.
- All visitors must use hand sanitizer upon entering visitation area, and practice good hand hygiene habits, which includes washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing their nose, sneezing or coughing.
- Pets are allowed, but must be under the control of the visitor who brings them in.
- Vaccination records for all pets must be on file.
Visitor Screening Process
- All visitors must enter through the Clifton Springs Nursing Home main entrance.
- Effective September 25, visitors are required to present a verified negative test result from within the last seven days. Anyone who fails to present a negative test result will not be permitted to visit.
- Upon arrival, visitors will be screened at the main entrance information desk for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature checked.
- If a visitor has a fever and/or any symptoms of COVID-19, has traveled internationally or traveled to any state on the the NYS travel advisory list, they will not be permitted to visit at that time.
- At screening, visitors must also provide their name and contact information for documentation.
- Once signed in, visitors will receive a sticker to indicate they have been screened and permitted to enter for visitation, and a staff member will direct the visitor(s) to the designated area.
VISITATION HOURS & LOCATIONS
Clifton Springs Nursing Home Residents
Outdoor visitation (in the North Garden area between 1200 and 1300) for residents will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at the following times. When weather does not permit outdoor visits, visitation will be moved indoors to the Retchless Room. A maximum of two visitors will be allowed during all visits.
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Vent Dependent Residents
Since vent dependent residents require additional care and cannot be transported to visitation areas outdoors, indoor visitation for vent dependent residents will take place in the 3rd floor dining room. A maximum of two visitors will be allowed during these visits.
- Visits will be held from 3:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays