Hill Haven provides clinically excellent short- and long-term care, with patient-focused attentiveness and compassion, to adults 21 and over.
If a patient has had an illness, hospital stay or surgery and they're ready to leave the hospital, but not ready to return home, Hill Haven offers transitional care (also known as short-term rehabilitation) in a comfortable, home-like setting. We help patients heal and regain their strength and function through rehabilitation services to return home. Learn more +
Skilled nursing care
Hill Haven provides a home away from home for those with complex senior care needs that require round-the-clock support. Hill Haven's medical team is specially trained to manage acute and chronic diseases and patients recovering from surgery including:
- Post-surgical wound care
- Pain management
- Peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis
- Expert care for cases involving central-line medications and maintenance
- Alzheimer's-type dementia
- Hospice care
Skilled nursing care services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Medical team specialty trained in geriatric care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Registered dietician services
- Audiology, ophthalmology, podiatry, dermatology, dentistry and mental health services available
- Resident activity and social programs
- On-site pharmacy services
- Pastoral services
- Recreation and art therapy
Dementia & Alzheimer's care
For individuals and their families who seek to take on the challenges of dementia and achieve a better quality of life, the Dementia & Alzheimer's care unit provides a safe and comfortable setting for those experiencing symptoms of vascular dementia. Caregivers provide assistance with establishing a regular routine and restoring the simple pleasures of life, which remains one of the best treatments for Alzheimer's care and Dementia. Our senior services provide a safe, secure environment and excellent care and encourage our residents to be physically active and participate in the decisions of their daily lives.
- Our residents with vascular dementia are medically stable and are able to walk independently or with minimal assistance
- Our Secure Care Anklet system provides freedom with safety, making life less restrictive for residents with Alzheimer's
- Our specialized unit based activity programs, such as reminiscing, games, music and art therapy allows residents with dementia to stay involved and interested
Hospice care is based on the concept that patients with life-limiting illnesses should receive assistance in achieving the highest possible quality of senior care within their disease process. We embrace a family-centered approach to the physical, emotional and spiritual care of patients and their families.
Hill Haven hospice care is committed to maximizing elderly care giving in the physical comfort, and emotional aspects of the end stage of life with hospice and an interdisciplinary elderly care team. Our team focuses on our patients and families, and work hard to enhance the quality of their last days. Attending physicians, patients and family members join with the hospice care staff to develop a plan of care to meet each patient's needs and wishes. They provide social, emotional and spiritual support, relieving symptoms and keeping patients as pain free as possible with loved ones surrounding them in our hospice care.
Our unique “Angel Program” is designed to enhance comfort and support of hospice residents at the end of life. Resident rooms with an Angel placed on the door receive a hospitality cart, a quiet environment and enhanced family support.