About the Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center
The Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center is a 29,000-square-foot expansion to the medical office building located at 360 Linden Oaks Drive. Specific features include:
- Six operating rooms, all larger and better suited for emerging technology than traditional ambulatory ORs. The 500-square-foot operating rooms provide ample space for state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation, and uniquely feature natural lighting.
- Two minor-procedure rooms that will be similarly equipped, and specialized to accommodate less-invasive procedures
- Features designed for the unique needs of pediatric patients and their families, including a designated waiting area within the main lobby, a highly skilled pediatric clinical team and special Saturday hours for certain pediatric procedures
- A configuration that will require minimal patient transport and encourage comfortable recovery
- Free parking conveniently located close to the entrance
- Indoor access to the 49,000-square-foot medical office building, providing convenient access for the physicians who practice in that building
- The center is easily accessible from Route 490, exit 23 (Penfield)
Lattimore Community Surgicenter opened in 1990 as the first Ambulatory Surgery Center in the Rochester area. Since opening, LCS has performed over 30,000 surgical procedures. In November 2011, Rochester General Healthcare System acquired Lattimore Community Surgicenter and expanded its services.
Our new location is a state-of-the-art facility with more amenities for the comfort and satisfaction of our patients. Although the location has changed, our mission remains the same. Our goal is to provide a safe, convenient and cost-effective alternative to traditional surgical care.
We are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare, the New York State Department of Health and are a Medicare certified facility. The surgery center participates with most major insurance carriers including:
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Blue Choice
As a licensed and accredited ambulatory surgery facility, we will provide safe, compassionate and cost-efficient healthcare services and education that will improve the health of the community in which we serve. We will consistently provide exceptional customer service to all of our customers – our community, our physicians, our patients and our colleagues.