In Office Procedures
We perform several procedures in our office with local anesthesia. Consideration for this type of appointment is determined by Genesee Surgical medical staff based on lesion location, size, and other health factors.
If you are referred to our office...
When calling to schedule your appointment you will be asked several questions. A note from your referring doctor will be requested. The appropriate type of appointment will be scheduled for you once your information has been reviewed.
Preparation for office procedure appointment
It is expected that your surgical procedure will be performed at the time of your appointment. If after evaluation, the provider feels that the procedure cannot safely be performed in an in-office setting or in the allotted time, he/she may have you reschedule your procedure for a more appropriate setting/time.
- If you are on a blood-thinning medication such as Coumadin, Plavix, and/or aspirin, please contact or office as soon as possible
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes that will allow for easy access for your procedure and comfort following
- This procedure will be completed following the injection of local anesthetic (lidocaine)
- It is acceptable to eat prior to your procedure
- You may drive after your procedure
- You may return to work after your procedure