Sometimes, hope and reassurance can make all the difference. In many ways, that support is the foundation for the personalized cancer care at Rochester Regional’s Surgical Oncology Center.
The thought of a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming and leave you with many questions. Our team understands that and is here to offer you and your family the answers and the support you need to move beyond the diagnosis. Our dedicated physicians, surgeons and oncology specialists work with you and your primary care physician to provide comprehensive cancer treatment and compassionate, ongoing care.
Every step of the way—especially in those moments of doubt when even a good prognosis doesn’t seem good enough—we’ll be with you on your road to recovery.
A multidisciplinary team
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical oncology
- Cancer screening and diagnosis
Our oncology surgeons perform nearly 3,000 cancer surgeries every year, using leading cancer treatments to offer patients the best possible care and outcomes:
- The Surgical Oncology Center was designated a Center of Excellence for pancreatic cancer surgery (Whipple procedure)
- We are part of the Lipson Cancer Center, which has been credited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for more than 20 years and received an outstanding achievement award for the care of cancer patients
- Our cancer surgeons are certified by the American Board of Surgery and hold various surgical and diagnostic specialties
- Our team conducts clinical cancer research and uses preoperative chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatments prior to cancer surgery
- We use of state-of-the-art technology, including the da Vinci® Surgical System, to offer minimally invasive robotic-assisted procedures
Rochester General Hospital
1425 Portland Ave.
Rochester, NY 14621