What is a Midwife?
Our Certified Nurse Midwives at Rochester Regional Health’s Midwifery Group are independent women’s health care providers licensed by New York State and certified by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Midwives specialize in care during pregnancy, birth and after delivery. We also provide family planning and routine health care for women.
Midwives believe pregnancy and birth can be normal and empowering events in the life of a woman. We provide personal, respectful care for each woman and her family.
What do Midwives do?
Certified Nurse Midwives care for women of all ages and provide the following services:
- Preconception counseling
- Prenatal care, labor support, and delivery at Rochester Regional Health's Childbirth Centers
- Breastfeeding assistance
- Postpartum care
- Annual exams including cervical cancer screening (Pap smears)
- Evaluation of gynecologic concerns such as menstrual issues, urinary tract infections (UTIs) and vaginitis
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Contraception including placement of IUDs and Nexplanon, an implant for birth control
- Breast exams
Get started with Midwifery care
Meet our Rochester Regional Health Midwifery team or call (585) 922-LINK (5465) to schedule a meet and greet or appointment today.