Wound Care Center at United Memorial
127 North Street
Batavia, NY 14020
Delivering advanced and compassionate treatment to patients in Genesee and surrounding counties with chronic or non-healing wounds.
Wounds that take longer than 28 days to heal can be considered chronic and may be attributed to inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, lack of mobility, underlying illnesses, burn injuries and late effect radiation exposure; all of which can result in a lowered quality of life
A leader in specialized wound care
The Wound Care Center at United Memorial has achieved heal rates that exceed 99% and our patients continually rank the Center above the 98th percentile for satisfaction. United Memorial's specialized Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Outpatient Care Center is provided through a partnership with Healogics™, the world's largest wound care management company with over 500 hospital partners worldwide. Our multidisciplinary team addresses the needs of patients with wounds that have not responded to conventional treatment.
United Memorial's Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Center traditionally achieves excellent clinical outcomes while striving for high patient satisfaction.
Commitment to quality and compassionate care
When treating patients with wounds that do not respond to traditional care, our highly skilled and compassionate wound care treatment team is committed to providing the quality care that will lead to successful outcomes and an improved quality of life.
An important part of this quality care includes our patient evaluations. They are an essential component in the preparation of individualized treatment programs for our patients.
A comprehensive team of wound care specialists
Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine at United Memorial is designed to complement your physician's services and is comprised of a team of specially trained medical professionals that include:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound care management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Technicians conducting non-invasive studies, evaluations and therapies
- Case Managers to oversee every aspect of a patient's treatment
- Experienced and courteous staff members to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
State-of-the-art interdisciplinary approach to wound care
In concert with many of the nation's leading hospitals, United Memorial Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine uses an interdisciplinary approach that includes specialized practitioners together with the latest advances in wound care management and technologies to assure quality outcomes. Our care includes:
- Infectious disease management
- Physical therapy and/or occupational therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy to fight infection and help build healthy tissue
- Laboratory evaluation
- Nutritional management
- Pain management
- Diabetic education
- Radiology examinations
- Specialized dressings
- Special shoe ware
- Patient and family education
- Ongoing communication and collaboration to keep you and your physician informed
We're here to help
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, please ask your physician about our outpatient Wound Care Center, or please contact us directly at 585.344.5372 to schedule an appointment for an assessment. We look forward to helping you.
Wound care providers
- Mohamed Ibrahim, MD
- John Wickett, DO
- Joseph Canzoneri, DPM
- Michael Merrill, MD, MS, MJ, MBA