High School Student Application & Requirements
Thanks for thinking about volunteering with us!
- 14 years of age or older and completed the 8th grade by the start of the summer program
- Minimum 3-4 hours a week and minimum total of 40 hours (over 13-15 weeks)
- Minimum 82% ("B") GPA/grade level with supporting documentation from your school counselor/Registrar
- Show employee certificate, also sometimes called a "work permit" or "working papers." (Students can get an application at the local high school or school district office.)
Step 1: Complete online application
Once the application has been received by our office, an email confirmation with next steps will be sent to you.
Click to Apply Now!
Watch your Inbox (and/or your junk email) for a response within 2 business days after completing the application.
Step 2: Application/orientation self-study (part 2)
After you have received an email confirmation that your application was received, you may proceed to this step.
- Access, print and complete Reference Checking, Essay, and Average Grade % Forms.
- Review Volunteer Orientation Self Study Presentation and open, print, complete, sign and date the following documents that will go into your official volunteer file:
- Self-Study Topic Checklist
- Part 1 Self-Study Post Test
- Confidentiality Statement
- Please read and review the Dress Code Policy.
Step 3: Interview
Please follow steps in the email confirmation to schedule your interview.
Step 4: Complete health screening and in-classroom orientation
Health screening steps and in-classroom orientation information will be reviewed at your interview.