How ElderONE Works
Personalized Care that Revolves Around YOU
Each ElderONE participant is served by a dedicated care team, providing medical, functional and psycho-social care. That translates to peace of mind for both ElderONE participants and their families. Care team members include:
- Primary care physicians and nurse practitioners
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Social Workers
- Recreational therapists
- Home health aides
Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) gives the elderly and their families an alternative to nursing home placement. ElderONE provides medical care and support services for seniors in their homes, the community and at the ElderONE (PACE) Day Centers. ElderONE is the only PACE program serving Monroe County NY.
The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE uses an interdisciplinary team approach.
Delivering all needed medical and support services, the ElderONE program is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic care needs while maintaining independent living in their homes for as long as possible.
Care and services include:
- Adult day care that offers nursing; physical, occupational, and recreational therapies; meals; nutritional counseling; social work; personal care; and a chaplain
- Medical care provided by a PACE physician familiar with the history, needs and preferences of each participant
- Home health care and personal care services
- All necessary prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Social services
- Mental health services
- Medical specialists such as audiology, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, cardiology and neurology
- Hospital and nursing home care when necessary