- Adult application for use by non-students who are at least 18 years of age.
- Make a commitment of 3 - 4 hours per week for at least three (3) months
Steps to Become a Volunteer
1. Complete the online application
Watch your email inbox (and junk/spam box) for a confirmation and next-step instruction email from us within two (2) business days.
2. Part 1 (self-study) Orientation
Reference Checking Document
Self-Study Topic Checklist
Part 1 Self-Study Post-Test
3. Interview (30-minutes)
Please follow the instructions in the email confirmation that we sent you to schedule your 30-minute interview
4. Health Screening and in-classroom Orientation
The health screening normally involves one health appointment at Rochester General Hospital. The screening includes a brief health history questionnaire, blood draw and urine drug screen test.
The 90-minute In-Classroom Orientation sessions are normally scheduled on Wednesdays about twice-a-month. Session times generally alternate between 1:00-2:30pm and 5:30-7:00pm.
Health screening and orientation session paperwork will be reviewed during your interview.