Medical Professionals, Residents, Fellows and Medical / PA Students
For physicians, PAs, medical students, residents and fellows who wish to shadow, please contact the Graduate Medical Education Office at [email protected].
High School and Undergraduate College/University Student Shadowing
Due to the number of shadowing requests, Rochester General Hospital is neither able to arrange or coordinate shadowing opportunities nor provide a list of staff who are willing to have someone shadow them.
- At least 16 years of age;
- Be a high school or undergraduate college/university student;
- Have made your own connection with and arranged to shadow or observe someone at Rochester General Hospital; and
- Know the name and title of the person you will shadow and the date range during which the shadowing will occur
If you meet all of the Shadowing Requirements listed above:
- Step 1: Apply Now! (Remember: you must know the name, title and date range that you will be shadowing in order to complete the shadowing application)
- Step 2: Look for a confirmation email from the Volunteer Office - usually one (1) business day after application completion. Follow the next steps explained in the confirmation email.
- The onboarding and clearance process to shadow takes about two (2) weeks. Please plan accordingly. Thank you.