About the RGH Wound Healing Center at St. Ann's
- Plenty of free parking, and easy patient access
- Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurances accepted
Advanced Care for Complex Wounds
The Rochester General Wound Healing Center, an alliance with St. Ann’s Community, provides outpatient care for wounds resulting from conditions including:
- Venous ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Chronic nonhealing surgical site
- Chronic nonhealing traumatic injury
Any wound that has not started to heal in two weeks, or is not completely healed in four weeks, may benefit from our services.
A Collaborative Approach
Our team, led by Associate Medical Director Kim Petrone, MD, develops a personalized plan that matches each patient with techniques including:
- Compression Therapy – Uses special bandages to hasten wound healing.
- Total Contact Casting – A localized cast helps evenly distribute weight on the foot's surface, speeding up healing by reducing pressure on the wound.
- Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy – A vacuum pump applies gentle, concentrated pressure on acute and chronic wounds.
- Cellular Tissue Products – Ideal for non-healing wounds that are non-responsive to standard techniques.