Biography: Mohamad Mahmoud MD, FACOG is a fellowship trained minimally invasive and robotic gynecologic surgeon andboard certified in obstetrics and gynecology. He is also Clinical Associate Professor of Ob/Gyn at the University of Rochester and adjunct faculty at the Rochester institute of Technology.
After earning his medical degree from the Saint Joseph University in Beirut Lebanon, Dr. Mahmoud completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Oakwood hospital in Dearborn, Michigan. He then completed a formal fellowship in minimally invasive and robotic gynecologic surgery (MIGS) through the American association of gynecologic laparoscopists (AAGL), with world renowned surgeons at Saint Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City, where he learned managing complex gynecologic cases usingthe least invasive approaches. He is an expert in minimally invasive gynecologic and robotic surgery with special interest in managing complex gynecologic cases, advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgery for the treatment of severe endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, uterine leiomyomas, pelvic relaxation and urinary incontinence, as well as reproductive surgery and minilaparoscopy.
He is an active member of the American Association of Gynecologist Laparoscopists (AAGL), the International Urogynecology Association(IUGA) and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG).
Dr. Mahmoud has been recognized by the Surgical Review Corporation Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG) designated physician and Master Surgeon in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, a demonstration of his expertise in minimally invasive surgical approaches for women.
Specialties: Minimally invasive and robotic gynecologic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology and urogynecology.
Philosophy of Care: Committed to providing the highest level of patient care using the latest cutting edge technologies and advances in the medical and surgical fields of obstetrics and gynecology.
Personal Interests: Swimming, biking and cooking.
Honors & Awards:
- Master Surgeon and surgeon of excellence in minimally invasive gynecology by surgical review corporation 2015-current
- Center of excellence in minimally invasive gynecology (COEMIG) designated surgeon 2015-2018
- Top gun laparoscopic suturing competition 2nd place: Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, 2015
- America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists,2011
- ACOG Cognate Award for Continuing Medical Education, 2013
- ACOG Cognate Award for Continuing Medical Education, 2018
- ACOG Cognate Award for Continuing Medical Education, 2007
- Award for Highest CREOG Score: Oakwood Health System, 2006
- Award for Highest CREOG Score: Oakwood Health System, 2004
- James W Gell Award for Academic Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology: North Oakland Medical Centers