Become a Hospitalist at at Top 100 Hospital
The Hospitalist groups of Rochester Regional Health have substantially improved efficiency and quality of care measures and are looking for BC/BE candidates with a pursuit of ongoing project development, a strong commitment to quality of care and an interest in teaching. Moonlighting opportunities are also available, as well as career advancement opportunities. Position, salary, and clinical academic appointment commensurate to prior experience.
Why Come to Rochester?
Rochester residents enjoy an exceptional quality of life. We have the arts, sports and culture of a big city and the comfort and easy commutes of a small town. Rochester is an affordable medium sized city with extensive cultural and recreational activities and excellent schools.
There are activities to enjoy year round, from boating on Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes, to golfing at one of our 95 golf courses, and skiing at top-notch resorts. With 100-plus wineries in the Finger Lakes, it's no wonder we are known as the Napa Valley of the East.
View Open Hospitalist Positions at RRH
Excellent opportunity to join our growing team of Internal Medicine and Family Physicians in beautiful upstate New York. Learn more about our Hospitalist openings
Why join Rochester General?
Rochester General Hospital is a thriving 528-bed hospital with extensive outpatient offices that is currently undergoing an exciting expansion project. We are the proud recipients of many distinctions including:
- Thomson/Reuters Top 100 Cardiac Hospital (awarded 9 times)
- Nurse Magnet Designation
- JCAHO Accredited Stroke Center
- Premier Award for Quality and Solucient Top 100 Hospital: Performance Improvement Leaders
Rochester General Hospitalist Group qualities include:
- Our unique Hospitalist program offers a 7 day on/ 7 day off schedule, academic teaching with resident teams, and observation/consultation services. Our practice is supported by a team of Physician Assistants and Residents that provide 24-hour inpatient coverage.
- 60+ group of physicians and mid levels
- PCAT teams (patient centered admission teams) with dedicated RN, Tech, Scribe and Pharmacist to reconcile and dose medications
- Team-based care- rounding with a dedicated midlevel
- Geographic rounding
- Nights- staffed with Partial Nocturnist with decreased night call rotations for rest of group. 2 providers on during nights with 24/7 floor cross coverage by midlevels for all floor issues, and Codes attended by residents. Night admitting resident team and a admitting resident for the MAT unit.
- Participation in multiple hospital committees
- Career advancement within the group
- Self-governed with a Governance Board and equal representation for the entire group (MD’s & Mid level support staff) with the ability to vote on all major new policies that affect the group
- Resident teaching teams
- Newly implemented EPIC Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent guaranteed compensation, productivity incentive and extensive employee benefits.
"(I) Appreciate having worked with Dr. Zsenits. Obviously very experienced and seasoned attending. Knows the system extremely well. Very pragmatic approach to patient management. Gives very specific feedback to residents. Approachable and an excellent mentor."
"When I joined RGHG 5 years ago, I was amazed by the quality of care provided by the group. The great support from our subspecialists makes the care superb. I enjoy the flexibility of the schedule, as well as the teaching opportunity." - Rutvic Amin, MD