Rochester General Hospital is a 528-bed tertiary care hospital that has been serving the residents of the Rochester Region and beyond since 1847. Rochester General Hospital offers primary medical care and a broad range of specialties. Rochester General Hospital’s medical staff includes over 1,000 primary care physicians and specialists, many of whom have offices at the hospital and throughout the community.
Located less than 1/4 mile south of Route 104, Rochester General Hospital is easily accessible from anywhere in Monroe and its adjacent counties. For driving directions to Rochester General Hospital, click on the map above. For our patients who use public transportation, Rochester General Hospital is located on the RTS bus route. Visit the RTS Web for more information.
Visitor parking is available in both the Portland Avenue and Carter Street ramp garages. For appointments in the Rochester General Hospital Medical Office Building (1415 Portland), the Carter Street garage is more convenient.
Those who are visiting the Parnall Building (1445 Portland) should park in the Portland Avenue garage.
Rochester General Hospital offers valet parking services at the hospital’s Main Entrance (Polisseni Pavilion), weekdays from 6 am to 6 pm; and at the Medical Office Building Entrance (1415 Portland Ave.), weekdays from 7 am to 5:30 pm.
The cost for this convenient service is $7.00, which includes the parking fee. Some medical office suites and departments offer discounted valet services. Please check with the receptionist or office staff for details.
To pick up your vehicle, return to where you dropped it off or call ahead to the valet prior to leaving your destination to receive curbside service. The valet can be reached at extension 2-3748 (585.922.3748 from off-campus).
After 6 pm, please contact Safety and Security at extension 2-4300 (585.922.4300) to retrieve your car.
For questions regarding parking at Rochester General Hospital, please call the parking office at 585.922.9803. The office is open Monday – Friday 7 am – 5 pm. After hours the phone will ring into our 24-hour security office. We can also be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards & recognition
- Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite -American Heart Association, 2015
- TOP Performing Hospital - Premier Healthcare Alliance, 2011
- Community Value Five-Star Hospital - Cleverly + Associates, 2013
- Nurse Magnet Hospital, since 2006
- NOVA Award - American Hospital Association, 2011
- NICHE Designated Hospital - Hartford Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2005-2011
- Baby-Friendly Hospital -World Health Organization
- Nationally Recognized Hemophilia Center - National Hemophilia Foundation
- National Top 100 Cardiac Hospital - Thomson Reuters, Nine Times
- Top Quality Rating, Cardiac Surgery Performance - Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2010
- Exemplar Hospital, Infection Prevention - Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2011
- Sustained Improvement Award - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2011
- Top 50 Hospitals for Stroke Care - The Women's Choice Awards, 2015
- Primary Stroke Center Designation - Joint Commission since 2003, NYS Dept of Health since 2005
- Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award - Target Stroke Honor Roll
- Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology - AAGL, 2012
- Breast Center of Excellence - National Consortium of Breast Centers
- Bariatrics Center of Excellence - Surgical Review Committee / American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Hip and Knee Replacement Gold Seal - The Joint Commission
||Nancy Tinsley, RN, MBA-HCA, FACHE
||Gloria Berent, BSN, RN, MSHA, NEA-BC
Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, Rochester General Hospital