Rochester General Hospital employs a team of professional staff chaplains and hosts a nationally accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program.
Learn More about the Clinical Pastoral Education Program
As spiritual care providers in a clinical setting, our chaplains help advocate a holistic concept of health. Modern medical care recognizes the integration of a person’s spiritual, emotional and physical well-being. These elements are interdependent dimensions both in health and in illness. We proudly provide our services not only to our patients and visitors but also to our staff.
Common areas where our chaplains provide assistance are:
- During times of crisis
- Facing life changes and challenges
- Experiencing grief and loss
- Providing spiritual counsel and guidance
- Discerning goals of care
Our spiritual care services are provided for patients of varying creed, belief, religious affiliation, and even patients with no identified faith at all. We ultimately hope to help people explore meaning; identifying and utilizing spiritual coping strategies in the form of personal, family, community and religious resources.
Chaplains at RGH abide by the Common Code of Ethics for Chaplains, Pastoral Counselors, Pastoral Educators, and Students.
- Chaplains are available in the hospital Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Chaplains are available on call for urgent needs 24/7.
- Please call the operator at (585) 922-4000 to reach a chaplain.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Download Our Spiritual Care Services Poster