Rochester Regional Health's Medical Adult Day Services Programs provide comprehensive medical, social and rehabilitation services and therapeutic recreational activities to adults with medically-complex needs or disabilities. We specialize in assisting people with Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis and related disorders, physical limitations or handicaps, behavioral health and neurological illness and more.
Our adult day care programs are staffed with medical professionals, including licensed registered nurses, NYS certified nurse aides, social workers and therapeutic recreation specialists. We also have physical, occupational and speech therapists available as needed.
Specialized Services Offered at RRH Medical Adult Day Care Programs
Specialized services offered at our medical adult day care programs include:
- On-site nursing service, medications administration and medication management by a licensed RN
- Maintenance and rehab-level physical and occupational therapy programs
- Speech therapy
- Therapeutic recreational and socialization activities
- Coordination of medical and mental health services
- Nutritional counseling (provided by a registered dietitian), meals and snacks
- Personal care, including shower, assistance with bathroom needs and assistance with mobility, provided by certified nursing assistants
- Social work and case management
- Assistance with transportation coordination
Quick Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Day Programs
- Most of our program participants come between 3-5 days per week, but you can set your own schedule.
- Transportation is available.
- We are only open during weekday daytime hours (we do not offer weekend or nighttime services).
- If your insurance carrier provides coverage, we'll work with them to secure benefits.
How to Get Started and Our Locations
PLEASE NOTE: Some of our Medical Adult Day Programs are currently paused as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To learn more about our service, to schedule a tour or to enroll, please call the location that best fits your needs: