Rochester Regional offers several skilled nursing homes, each providing its own specialty of care, including Alzheimer's disease, short-term rehabilitation, transitional care, ventilator units and relaxation therapy. Each is committed to providing the highest level of medical care, personal attention and skilled services.
How to Choose a Nursing Home
When you and your loved one have reached the point of considering a nursing home, it's important to find the right fit. Generally, nursing homes offer 24-hour care and supervision for people with chronic health needs, or those who require intensive rehabilitative care.
A good nursing home offers a full array of individualized services. Here are a few simple things to look for during your search for a quality nursing facility:
- Services and specialties that match the needs of your loved one
- Warm, friendly, and respectful interactions among staff, residents, and family members
- Respected and knowledgeable facility leadership, medical direction, and board members
- An inviting, homelike environment
- Recommendations from doctors, social workers, and family members of nursing home residents