Comprehensive services are provided by a team of experienced anesthesiologists skilled in caring for a broad spectrum of patients and experienced in a wide range of surgical procedures.
Care is provided from pre-operative assessment through post-operative follow-up. Assessment includes developing an anesthesia plan in consideration of each patient's medical history, physical examination and desires as well as the characteristics of each surgical procedure. Techniques provided by the department cover the range of current practice including:
- Monitored anesthesia care - IV sedation in conjunction with local anesthesia
- Regional anesthesia - nerve blocks to anesthetize parts of the body
- General anesthesia
- Combinations of regional and general anesthetics
- Patients remain in the care of anesthesiologists in the post-anesthesia care unit and beyond, as needed. Such care may include administering modern post-operative pain techniques such as continuous epidural analgesia.
- 24-hour in-house physician coverage
- Special monitoring techniques, including invasive monitoring, for patients whose medical needs exceed the ordinary
- Skilled in regional procedures and operative and post-operative analgesia
- Care of patients in all specialties including cardiac, obstetric and pediatric
For general information at our hospitals, please call the phone numbers below.
Rochester General Hospital: 585.922.4159
Unity Hospital: 585.
Newark-Wayne Community: 315.
Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic:
United Memorial: 585.344.