At Rochester Regional Health, we believe that our diversity makes us smarter, stronger and better able to serve our community.
- Better able to listen
- Better able to understand
- Better able to serve your health care needs compassionately and effectively
Our health care system is built on the foundation of respect and value for every person
- Value every individual
- Respect differences
- Recognize common ground
- Nurture innovative thinking
See what diversity means to our employees by watching the below video shared during our 2019 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day system-wide celebrations:
Partnerships with the Rochester Community
We have partnered with the Rochester community to help join in our mission. We are committed to developing the diversity of our future workforce with a range of programs including:
- The Isabella Graham Hart School of Practical Nursing (IGHSPN): Located at The Wegman Center for Workforce Development on Portland Avenue, IGHSPN offers state-of-the art teaching technology. The 2017 graduating class received their licensed practical nursing certificates of completion in November and a majority of the graduates have now joined our Rochester Regional family.
- The Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection: As a Hillside-Work Scholarship Connection partner, Rochester Regional supports urban youth with unique health care employment and educational opportunities. Our program provides on-the-job training, academic guidance and life skills development.
- The Youth Apprentice Program: Rochester Regional Health’s Youth Apprentice Program provides students in the Rochester City School District with specialized training and necessary tools and resources for a successful career in health care. The training prepares students for positions, including patient care technician, pediatric technician, material record assistant and respiratory care aide.
- The MedQuest Day Camp: In this interactive, hands-on experience for students in grades 9-12, students see first-hand how health care professionals at Rochester Regional Health collaborate in the delivery of outstanding patient care and the vast careers available from nursing to radiology, emergency medicine and more!