We believe that our diversity makes us smarter, stronger and better able to serve our community.
- Better able to listen
- Better able to understand
- Better able to serve your health care needs compassionately and effectively
Our health care system is built on the foundation of respect and value for every person
- Value every individual
- Respect differences
- Recognize common ground
- Nurture innovative thinking
Partnerships with the Rochester Community
We have partnered with the Rochester community to help join in our mission. We are committed to developing the diversity of our future workforce with a range of programs including:
- The Isabella Graham Hart School of Practical Nursing (IGHSPN): Located at The Wegman Center for Workforce Development on Portland Avenue, IGHSPN offers state-of-the art teaching technology. The 2017 graduating class received their licensed practical nursing certificates of completion in November and a majority of the graduates have now joined our Rochester Regional family.
- The Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection: As a Hillside-Work Scholarship Connection partner, Rochester Regional supports urban youth with unique health care employment and educational opportunities. Our program provides on-the-job training, academic guidance and life skills development.
- The Youth Apprentice Program: Rochester Regional Health’s Youth Apprentice Program provides students in the Rochester City School District with specialized training and necessary tools and resources for a successful career in health care. The training prepares students for positions, including patient care technician, pediatric technician, material record assistant and respiratory care aide.
- The MedQuest Day Camp: In this interactive, hands-on experience for students in grades 9-12, students see first-hand how health care professionals at Rochester Regional Health collaborate in the delivery of outstanding patient care and the vast careers available from nursing to radiology, emergency medicine and more!