Rochester Regional Health has lead the way in minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical treatments since 2004.
Robotic-assisted surgery puts precision control in the hands of our surgeons at Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital and Newark-Wayne Community Hospital.
Using the da Vinci® Surgical System, surgeons operate through small incisions with tiny wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater like a human hand. The 3D high-definition system magnifies the surgeon’s view, which allows greater control, resulting in a host of benefits:
- Less trauma to the body
- Minimizes blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less post-operative pain and discomfort
- Shortens hospital stays
- Lowers risk of infection
- Accelerates recovery and return to normal daily activities
- Less scarring
Why Choose Robotic Surgery at Rochester Regional Health?
Rochester Regional Health has been at the forefront of robotic-assisted surgery for well over a decade. Our program is one of the most experienced in the country - with more than 10,000 robotic surgeries to date - putting us in the top two percent for robotic-assisted procedures in the nation.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are true experts with this technology and fully committed to extending their experience in delivering the most advanced minimally invasive surgery. In addition to having performed the most robotic-assisted procedures in the region:
- Our program ranks in the top one percent in the northeast year over year for robotic-assisted procedures.
- Our surgeons are more experienced across all specialties.
- We are home to an Advanced Training Facility for robotic-assisted operations for Colon and Rectal surgery.
For more information about robotic-assisted surgery, or to arrange a consultation with a surgeon, please contact us at (585) 922.5465.