Summary: The Ontario County Sheriff’s Office is working with our CPEP program at Clifton Springs to provide professional help with mental health calls by having a provider available via iPad to help diffuse the situation safely.· Channel 10, “Ontario County deputies using technology to help people in mental health crises ,” September 5
· Channel 13 “State of Addiction: Working with a 'recovery coach',” August 30
Summary: Krista Wedgewood, recovery coach and Katelyn Gregory, chemical dependency manager appeared on Good Morning Rochester to talk about a new program which includes a recovery coach
Summary:An interview with the Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley, Greece Police Chief Patrick Phelan and Fairport Police Chief Sam Farina.
· WXXI, “Some alleged law-breakers to be diverted from jail in Monroe County,” June 5
Summary: Dr. Mary Bostock reacted to a new New York State regulation that would require insurance companies to cover maternal depression screenings and treatment. Dr. Bostock said “what's most important is really the acknowledgment that mental health issues in women and women who are childbearing are significant issues that we need to acknowledge and take care of in our community.”
· Channel 13, “Seven months later, St. Mary's Behavioral Access & Crisis Center celebrates successes,” May 31
· Channel 10, “Behavioral Health Access & Crisis Center Update,” May 31
· Channel 8, “New Behavioral Health Access and Crisis Center has been a success,” May 31
· WXXI, “Mental health facility at St. Mary’s meeting its goals six months after opening” May 31
Summary: Emergency Medicine Director Keith Grams talked about how Rochester Regional is not following a trend one study says in which teens are commonly prescribed opioids during emergency room visits. RRH has seen a drop in the number of prescriptions for young people to 0.2 percent.
· Channel 10, “Local teens getting prescribed less opioids,” May 29
Summary: Pat Taney interviewed for delivering compassionate care to patients during difficult times.
· Channel 10, “Psychiatric nurse comforts patients during difficult times,” May 10
We are pleased to share these personal, inspirational, and very real stories of people in recovery from Chemical Dependency and Mental Illness. We are honored to have been a part of their recovery and thank them for stepping forward with the hope that their story can give information, confidence and hope to other people and families facing similar challenges.
Browse our expert physicians to find the best and most convenient doctor for you.Physician Directory
With hundreds of locations throughout Western and Central New York, search our location database for the services closest to your home.Find a Location