There’s no better place to welcome your new baby to the world than the August Family Birth Place at Unity Hospital.
Inside the August Family Birth Place, you’ll find a safe, comfortable, nurturing environment … caring Unity staff … outstanding medical resources … and a reassuring labor-to-recovery experience that gives you and your family privacy and peace of mind.
You want the very best for your baby. So do we!
At the August Family Birth Place, you’ll get exceptional care—24 hours day, seven days a week:
- Expert obstetricians and pediatric care on site. If complications arise, you’ll get the assistance you need right away
- On-site anesthesiologists to help with pain management & assist with C-section deliveries
- Computerized systems to monitor your baby’s heartbeats & your contractions
A safe, comfortable, secure birth experience
- Spacious private birth suites for you & your family
- Whirlpool baths
- Electronic infant security system
- Special “locked unit” design to ensure safety for you and your baby
Place your baby to sleep on his or her back for sleep, including all naps and at night.
- Use safety approved crib with a firm crib mattress covered by a fitted sheet.
- Keep soft objects and loose bedding out of the sleep area. The crib should be free of toys, pillows, loose blankets and bumpers to prevent suffocation or entrapment.
- Infants should not sleep in an adult bed, on a couch or on a chair alone, with you or anyone else. Infants are safest in in their own crib, bassinette or portable crib.
- Keep your baby’s crib or bassinet in the same room where you sleep. Room-sharing is recommended, not bed-sharing.
- Devices like bouncy seats, swings, infant carriers or strollers should not be used for routine sleep. Wedges and positioners should not be used.
- Do not allow anyone to smoke around your baby.
- Do not allow infants to get too hot. Over-bundling and covering the face should be avoided.
- Breastfeeding is recommended.
- Follow healthcare provider guidelines for regular vaccines and health checkups.
- Tell everyone who cares for your baby to use these safe sleep steps.
Schedule a personal guided tour. Call 585.368.4020 today to get started.