RRH Recognized Among Nation’s Top 3 DEI Advocates
Citing our “fantastic” Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) office, the HealthCare Diversity Council has granted RRH a Top 3 Healthcare Diversity Organizations Award.
The council commended RRH DEI initiatives to reduce healthcare disparities in underserved communities; recruit and retain a diverse workforce; and implement Community Conversations surrounding COVID-19. RRH’s active pursuit of diversity in our work environment and community programs makes it a “perfect” award recipient, the council stated.
The HealthCare Diversity Council is an organization devoted to promoting an inclusive environment of care at medical institutions nationwide. RRH received the award at the council’s National Healthcare DEI Conference, which took place virtually this week.
This award is given annually to three organizations who each:
- Creates or spearheads innovative diversity initiatives that establish and foster a
more inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Has a record of contributions and accomplishments to the healthcare industry.
Actively participates and/or organizes programs that benefit and involve the
- Faculty and staff retain a commendable reputation with partners, patients and the
- Organization exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical
standards, integrity and professional excellence.
- Organization is committed to the recruitment, training, development, and
retention of individuals from all populations.
Accepting the award on the organization’s behalf is Chief Nursing Education and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, and System Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Dr. Ebony Caldwell. They shared:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion are values woven in the tapestry of Rochester Regional Health’s culture and health equity is our true north. As they strive to reduce, and ultimately, eliminate disparities, outreach and education are essential to their success. Through strategic and strong partnerships, they led in the Finger Lakes Region with Community Conversations about COVID-19. Their team held over 30 presentations for underserved populations reaching almost 5,000 participants and viewers; providing them with accurate, up-to-date information about the virus and vaccine options to support informed decisions for themselves, their families, and their communities. Congratulations, Ebony, and Rochester Regional Health System!