Patient Service Centers
When your physician needs you to have laboratory work, you don’t have to look very far. The Laboratory Service Centers at Rochester Regional Health offer convenient hours and locations across the greater Rochester area.
For children, our child-friendly approach at our pediatric service centers will make their laboratory visit more enjoyable.
Many of our Patient Service Centers open at 6 am. Please utilize the below links for locations and up-to-date hours of operation.
We recommend you call ahead to schedule an appointment. We also offer walk-in service.
We understand that there are times when you are unable to visit a Patient Service Center. Rochester Regional Health is pleased to offer homebound services in certain situations. When it’s medical necessary and your physician orders these services, laboratory specimens can be drawn in the comfort of your own home.
Some patients use our service for a short period while recovering from surgery or a short-term injury, while others have long-term laboratory needs due to chronic illness.
‘Homebound’ is defined as a person’s inability to leave their home with relative ease. Unfortunately, it is not defined by an inability to drive or lack of transportation. Due to the high volume of patients requiring our service, we respectfully ask that when you are no longer homebound, you let us know so we can have your order transferred to one of our Laboratory Service Centers.
Our team is made up of highly trained phlebotomists who have proven to be exceptional in their ability to collect specimens from patients of all ages. Annually, the team manages 30,000 home visits, driving approximately 140,000 miles while providing service to patients in Rochester and Monroe County. The team also performs limited collections in Wayne and Ontario Counties.
What to Expect
- If there are special instructions for gaining access to your home or building, let us know.
- We will call your home prior to our arrival to let you know we are on our way. This will give you time to prepare for our arrival, which should include securing all pets so that the phlebotomist can safely enter your home and perform your blood draw without interference.
- If you know that you will not be home due to an appointment or other engagement, please call us at least 24 hours in advance so we can reschedule your collection.
- If you are not at home on the day of our visit and we have not received previous notification, you will be drawn on your next scheduled day or as recommended by your physician. Chronic absences will result in discontinuation of service.
On the day of your visit, we will come to your home between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. If there is a change to this schedule, you will be notified. There are no routine collections on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays.
Home Draw Department
100 Kings Highway
Rochester, NY 14621
We know that you may have questions regarding your laboratory work. At Rochester Regional Health, we have client service specialists standing by to help you.
- ACM Medical Laboratory Client Services: 800.525.5227
- Clifton Springs Client Services: 315.462.1600
- Newark Wayne Client Services: 315.332.2211
- Rochester General Client Services: 585.922.5227
- United Memorial Medical Center Client Services: 585.344.5459