The Sands-Constellation Heart Institute is home to one of New York’s largest cardiology programs. Our team offers the comprehensive clinical resources you need for a lifetime of good cardiac health. We work closely with referring physicians and other specialists – including our own nationally recognized heart surgeons – to ensure that you receive fast, effective and compassionate care. Our services include:
Some of the most commonly treated heart diagnoses that our expert cardiology team treats include:
- Arrhythmia (Heart Palpitations)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disorders (Heart Murmurs)
- Lipid Disorders (High Cholesterol)
- Vascular Diseases
Cardiology Services Centered On You
The Rochester Regional Health Cardiology team offers the full range of cardiovascular services, including:
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Evaluation: During your first visit we will develop a personalized treatment strategy. Our physicians will take a detailed history of your symptoms, perform a thorough examination of your heart and vascular system, and ask you about any risk factors that may contribute to your medical condition, including background information on family illnesses.
- Pacemaker/Device Management: Patients with devices are scheduled for necessary telephone checks as well as in office checks to ensure that your device is working properly. This process will be thoroughly explained to patients who have devices.
- Ultrasounds & Stress Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
- Stress Echocardiogram (Stress Echo)
- Dobutamine Echo
- Nuclear Imaging: These studies generally require prior authorization from most Insurance, as well as 24 hour cancellation notice.
- Pharmaceutical: Adenosine, Dobutamine, or Lexiscan (Regadenoson)
Monitors, Testing and EKGs
We may recommend tests or procedures to help in the diagnosis and treatment of a possible cardiovascular condition. Your physician will describe to you details of any exams recommended. Most of these tests are performed right within our own office.
- Holter: 24 hour and 48 hour monitors available: This is a device which records your heartbeat for either twenty-four or 48 hours. We will attach patches to your chest and you will carry a small box on a belt or shoulder strap. You must return the monitor at the end of your 24 or 48 hour period. Allow about 30 minutes for your appointment. Please bring a list of your medications.
- Event monitors: This is a small device which attaches to the chest wall by two patches. These can be changed whenever you want, and the device is usually worn for 1-4 weeks. When you have a symptom, you activate the monitor and send us your EKG over the telephone. Hookup and instruction require about 45 minutes.
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors: This is a combination of clinical assessment by questionnaire and exam, brief ultrasound to assess the thickness of the heart and wearing a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours. Please bring a list of your medications. Please allow 60 minutes for the entire evaluation. The device must be returned the next day.
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP)
Find a Cardiologist
The Cardiology network of the Sands-Constellation Heart Institute spans the region. Wherever you call home – throughout Western New York and the Finger Lakes – it’s easy to find a highly skilled heart doctor near you. For a more specific search, call (585) 922-5661.
What to Expect
The days leading up to an appointment or procedure at the Sands-Constellation Heart Institute can feel overwhelming – many important details contribute to a successful experience. See how to prepare for a general cardiology, catheterization or electrophysiology appointment >